The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited – We hereby announce the commencement of the 2016/2017 Postgraduate Internship / Research Programmes
Internship / Research Attachment for Postgraduate University Students
Duration:12 months (non-renewable).
- The Postgraduate Research Internship programme (which is different from the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is aimed at providing opportunities for talented Nigerians to gain work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN).
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Remediation, and Impact assessment, Carbon / Energy Management).
- Open primarily to talented Nigerian postgraduate students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, but in exceptional cases, Nigerians studying abroad could be considered.
- Master’s degree students must be under 30 years by January 2nd, 2017 and PhD students should be under 35 years by January 2nd, 2017 to qualify.
- Applications from persons who have previously participated in the programme will not be considered.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2016
Method of Application
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees, and
- A titled, 3-page summary of candidate’s postgraduate research programme including study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome /Selection will be based on postgraduate programmes/ proposals that are pertinent to SEPCiN business objectives and only students with the highest potential will pass screening.