Study in Australia
Australia – Destination for Education
While overseas study is expensive, Australia is more affordable than most other destinations and offers a high standard of quality education, excellent living condition and a tolerant multicultural society. Australia’s Higher Education Institutions rank among the world’s best and the quality of education they offer is correspondingly high.
Higher education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter and more intensive courses, they quickly incorporate latest innovations in science & technology, modern trends in marketing & management in their diploma/degree programs, hence Australian education is more practical and responsive to the needs of Trade & Industry. Australia seems to be high on the list for many reasons: Indian 12+3 is acceptable for masters degree.
Duration for the masters courses is between 1, 1.5 to 2 yrs. Competitive costs for tuitions and living in comparison to other developed countries. Like USA, UK etc. Australian education is recognized world wide from US to NZ. High Standard of education in international terms, good research facilities available with state of the art equipment. Visa process is straightforward and fair. Currently over 40000 Indian Students in Australia. Australian universities are members of an International Academic community and academic staff are frequently recruited on an international basis. Australian academics and graduates are keenly recruited into institutions overseas, indicating a measure of Quality Education. ESOS Act to protect the interest of overseas students. Safe country with pleasent climate and a stable democracy.
The Association of Australian Education Representatives in India (AAERI) – Edwise is an accredited member of AAERI – since its inception. The Association is supported by Australian High Commission, New Delhi and its members. AAERI aims to maintain high level of ethics in the profession of counselling and students recruitment for Australia. Quality Assurance In Australia every course offered in a university has CRICOS Code which is given by Australian Government reflecting that the education system is fully controlled by the Government in Australia. There is no formal ranking of universities. Thus students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination.
Australian Qualification Framework (AQF)
Australia has an integrated nationwide system of qualifications, known as the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF), which is recognized by the Australian Government. Under this, students can move easily from one level of study to the next and receive credit for previous study. It brings together the quality offered at different levels.
Type of institution
There are 39 universities ranging in size from around 3,000 students to 50,000 students – 37 of these are government run. Australian universities offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in traditional and modern subject areas such as innovative courses in IT, electronic business and science. Australian academics have won prestigious awards, including several Nobel Prizes, and are involved in ground-breaking research.
Courses available at Under Graduate & Graduate Level
Awarded courses vary considerably with the higher education sector in the form of entry requirements, duration and method of assessment. The following awards are offered by Australian Universities:
- Doctoral Degree
- Masters Degree
- Graduate Diploma / Graduate Certificate
- Bachelors Degree
- TAFE Certificate III & IV
- Undergraduate Diploma / Advanced Diploma and
- Associate Diploma/ AQF (Australian Quality Framework) Diploma
- Humanities : English, Philosophy, History, Foreign Language Studies, Communications, Psychology
- Education : Education Studies, Teaching, Early Childhood, Special Education
- Social Studies : Geography, Behavioural Studies, Welfare And Counseling, Sport And Recreation, Sociology
- Mathematics And Computing : Mathematics And Statistics, Computer Based Information System, Computer Science
- Science : Science Pharmacology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biotechnology
- Visual And Performing Arts : Art, Graphic Arts, Fashion Design, Crafts, Performing Arts, Music
- Engineering : Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical, Mining, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, Telecommunications, Mechatronics, Polymer, Environmental
- Business Administration And Law : Economics, Accounting, Commerce, Management, Administration, Marketing, Finance, HR
- Health Sciences : Nursing, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Personal And Family Health Care, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sci, Public Health, Physiotherapy.
- Agriculture : Agriculture, Forest, Horticulture
- Hospitality & Tourism : Hotel Management, Tourism Management, Commercial Cookery.
Vocational Education and Training in Australia (VET)
Australia offers a wide variety of vocational education and training courses. Each year increasing numbers of international students are choosing the TAFE option, either as a means of training and qualifying for a highly skilled job in business, the arts, or industry, or as an alternative pathway into university degree studies. The advantages for international students choosing to undertake TAFE studies are numerous but lower fees is one of the main criteria.
Types of degrees to Study in Australia
Undergraduate Studies in Australia:
Bachelor programmes may vary from 3 to 4 years. They are available across all faculties of Arts Commerce, Science, IT.
Postgraduate Studies in Australia:
Australia offers a wide variety of choices for post graduate studies .The individual universities offer different strengths and capabilities, providing a diverse base for research for students. Australian Universities pride themselves on a strong research base and sate of the art equipment to their Universities.